Council 'would make money out of Burrows parking charge'
SIR-I totally agree with the reader in last week s edition regarding the proposed scrapping of the season ticket for Northam Burrows. We regularly use the Burrows to walk our Labrador, especially through the summer months. Sometimes we are there only for
SIR-I totally agree with the reader in last week's edition regarding the proposed scrapping of the season ticket for Northam Burrows.
We regularly use the Burrows to walk our Labrador, especially through the summer months. Sometimes we are there only for an hour or so, so the charge of �3.50 is excessive, and i suspect we are not alone as we see many dog walkers on the Burrows.
I agree that �3.50 for a day's parking if you are at the beach for the day is very generous. We go to the Burrows at least four times a week so this would amount to �14 a week!
I think that this is just another way for the council to make more easy money, as they are totally aware that a lot of people do not use the Burrows for the day to take full advantage of the cost of parking. Also, we park at the Appledore, Sandymere end as dogs are not allowed further up the beach during the summer so we wouldnt be able to use the other hourly rate car parks either.
You may also want to watch:
Maybe a more tiered cost of parking would be beneficial for everybody, more for a day's parking and a smaller charge for say, up to two hours. If the current charge stays in place we would seriously consider not using the Burrows which would be a shame as our dog and our son thoroughly enjoy it there and we are responsible dog owners who do pick up the poo!
Sharon Harris, Bideford.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park