Council wins small business award
Torridge District Council scooped the award for its electronic procurement system.
Torridge District Council has won an award from the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) for its electronic procurement system.
The council took the award for best small business friendly procurement policy for its internal electronic catalogue which swiftly allows more than 96 per cent of commercial invoiced to be settles within 14 days of receipt.
Leader of the council, Cllr Barry Parsons, said: “It’s important that we do our bit in this tough economic climate for the business community.
“A small business with cash flow issues can go under, so I’m delighted that we are helping in this way, and that the FSB have given us their support with this award.”
You may also want to watch:
Terry Schofield, chairman of the Torridge FSB said: “I’ve been doing business with Torridge for 14 years and I have a great relationship with them.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards