Council wins small business award
Torridge District Council scooped the award for its electronic procurement system.
Torridge District Council has won an award from the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) for its electronic procurement system.
The council took the award for best small business friendly procurement policy for its internal electronic catalogue which swiftly allows more than 96 per cent of commercial invoiced to be settles within 14 days of receipt.
Leader of the council, Cllr Barry Parsons, said: “It’s important that we do our bit in this tough economic climate for the business community.
“A small business with cash flow issues can go under, so I’m delighted that we are helping in this way, and that the FSB have given us their support with this award.”
You may also want to watch:
Terry Schofield, chairman of the Torridge FSB said: “I’ve been doing business with Torridge for 14 years and I have a great relationship with them.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash