Council winds up pre-pay parking Smart cards scheme
Users of a recently scrapped pre-pay parking card scheme are being urged to contact North Devon Council if they need a refund. North Devon Council has replaced its Smart card facility with a more modern, pay over the phone system called RingGo . This
Users of a recently scrapped pre-pay parking card scheme are being urged to contact North Devon Council if they need a refund.
North Devon Council has replaced its Smart card facility with a more modern, pay over the phone system called 'RingGo'.
This allows customers to pay for parking over the phone with a credit or debit card, rather than using a Smart card at a machine. People can also still pay with cash at the machines as usual.
Lead Member for Car Parks, Cllr Eric Ley, said: "There weren't that many people using the old Smart cards and the council wanted to move with the times by introducing a mobile phone payment option.
You may also want to watch:
"Therefore, we want to make sure that any Smart cards with outstanding credit are returned for a refund by the end of October, because from November we won't have the Smart card credit machine and won't be able to make any more refunds."
The council has written to all Smart card holders letting them know about the change and full refunds have been offered for cards that have already been bought.
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
All Smart card users who still have money left on their cards are urged to get in touch with the council for a refund by Friday, October 30. Customers are asked to bring their cards into one of the council offices at the Civic Centre, Barnstaple, The Amory Centre, South Molton or The Ilfracombe Centre.