Council winds up pre-pay parking Smart cards scheme
Users of a recently scrapped pre-pay parking card scheme are being urged to contact North Devon Council if they need a refund. North Devon Council has replaced its Smart card facility with a more modern, pay over the phone system called RingGo . This
Users of a recently scrapped pre-pay parking card scheme are being urged to contact North Devon Council if they need a refund.
North Devon Council has replaced its Smart card facility with a more modern, pay over the phone system called 'RingGo'.
This allows customers to pay for parking over the phone with a credit or debit card, rather than using a Smart card at a machine. People can also still pay with cash at the machines as usual.
Lead Member for Car Parks, Cllr Eric Ley, said: "There weren't that many people using the old Smart cards and the council wanted to move with the times by introducing a mobile phone payment option.
You may also want to watch:
"Therefore, we want to make sure that any Smart cards with outstanding credit are returned for a refund by the end of October, because from November we won't have the Smart card credit machine and won't be able to make any more refunds."
The council has written to all Smart card holders letting them know about the change and full refunds have been offered for cards that have already been bought.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
All Smart card users who still have money left on their cards are urged to get in touch with the council for a refund by Friday, October 30. Customers are asked to bring their cards into one of the council offices at the Civic Centre, Barnstaple, The Amory Centre, South Molton or The Ilfracombe Centre.