Council winds up pre-pay parking Smart cards scheme
Users of a recently scrapped pre-pay parking card scheme are being urged to contact North Devon Council if they need a refund. North Devon Council has replaced its Smart card facility with a more modern, pay over the phone system called RingGo . This
Users of a recently scrapped pre-pay parking card scheme are being urged to contact North Devon Council if they need a refund.
North Devon Council has replaced its Smart card facility with a more modern, pay over the phone system called 'RingGo'.
This allows customers to pay for parking over the phone with a credit or debit card, rather than using a Smart card at a machine. People can also still pay with cash at the machines as usual.
Lead Member for Car Parks, Cllr Eric Ley, said: "There weren't that many people using the old Smart cards and the council wanted to move with the times by introducing a mobile phone payment option.
You may also want to watch:
"Therefore, we want to make sure that any Smart cards with outstanding credit are returned for a refund by the end of October, because from November we won't have the Smart card credit machine and won't be able to make any more refunds."
The council has written to all Smart card holders letting them know about the change and full refunds have been offered for cards that have already been bought.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 9 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 10 The Beggar's Opera - This week at the Queen's Theatre
All Smart card users who still have money left on their cards are urged to get in touch with the council for a refund by Friday, October 30. Customers are asked to bring their cards into one of the council offices at the Civic Centre, Barnstaple, The Amory Centre, South Molton or The Ilfracombe Centre.