Council welcomes wind farm decision
NORTH Devon Council has welcomed the decision to dismiss plans for a wind farm at Knowstone. The council originally opposed the application, for nine wind turbines at Three Moors in Knowstone, in 2008. However, the applicant then lodged an appeal, which
NORTH Devon Council has welcomed the decision to dismiss plans for a wind farm at Knowstone.
The council originally opposed the application, for nine wind turbines at Three Moors in Knowstone, in 2008. However, the applicant then lodged an appeal, which resulted in a public inquiry last June.
Yesterday (Friday) the Planning Inspector made his decision, agreeing with the council that the proposals should not go ahead.
Among the reasons were because the proposed development would be seriously harmful to the character and appearance of the area and the setting of Exmoor National Park. He also considered that it would go against national development plan policies, and that the harm would outweigh the benefits.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Jasmine Chesters, Chairman of the Planning Committee, saids: "This has been a lengthy process for all those involved. There had been a lot of concern raised from local people, and of course, the council also had major reservations about the application. While we realise that we have to look at renewable energies, this site was just not appropriate. Therefore, we are pleased with today's decision."
The public inquiry also related to a second proposal for four wind turbines at Bickham Moor in Oakford. Once again, the Planning Inspector agreed with that local authority (Mid Devon District Council) that the plans should be dismissed.
- 1 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 2 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 3 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 8 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 9 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 10 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'