Council warns Taddiport residents against bogus loft insulators
The ‘Real Green Deal’ appear to have targeted the Torrington area falsely claiming to be working for the council.
TORRIDGE District Council has issued a warning after reports of bogus ‘door knockers’ claiming to work on its behalf.
Callers from the ‘Real Green Deal’ have been knocking on doors in Taddiport claiming to so an assessment of people’s cavity/loft insulation.
They reportedly claimed to occupants the council would increase their council tax if the house was not energy efficient and that they were working on behalf of the local authority.
Torridge District Council would like to say categorically that this is not the case.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the council said: “No one has been asked to inspect local residents’ cavity or loft insulation on behalf of the council, and it is not true to say that the rate of council tax payable is calculated using energy efficiency measures.”
The council are urging anyone who opens their door to find a caller claiming to be from the ‘Real Green Deal’ or any other insulation or energy efficiency company to insist on seeing bona fide credentials.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
Anyone in the Torridge area in doubt can call the council’s housing team on 01237 428848.