Council warns Taddiport residents against bogus loft insulators
The ‘Real Green Deal’ appear to have targeted the Torrington area falsely claiming to be working for the council.
TORRIDGE District Council has issued a warning after reports of bogus ‘door knockers’ claiming to work on its behalf.
Callers from the ‘Real Green Deal’ have been knocking on doors in Taddiport claiming to so an assessment of people’s cavity/loft insulation.
They reportedly claimed to occupants the council would increase their council tax if the house was not energy efficient and that they were working on behalf of the local authority.
Torridge District Council would like to say categorically that this is not the case.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the council said: “No one has been asked to inspect local residents’ cavity or loft insulation on behalf of the council, and it is not true to say that the rate of council tax payable is calculated using energy efficiency measures.”
The council are urging anyone who opens their door to find a caller claiming to be from the ‘Real Green Deal’ or any other insulation or energy efficiency company to insist on seeing bona fide credentials.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 3 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 6 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
Anyone in the Torridge area in doubt can call the council’s housing team on 01237 428848.