Council to reconsider chief executive share deal
Meeting behind closed doors at Bideford
TORRIDGE district councillors are to debate the future of the authority’s chief executive post behind closed doors.
An extraordinary meeting has been called to consider a motion put down by non-aligned Clinton ward Councillor Philip Collins.
The motion, in Part B of the agenda on Friday in Bideford Town Hall, says “that we terminate the agreement between Teignbridge and Torridge Councils regarding our shared chief exec and further that TDC consider alternatives.”
Nicola Bulbeck has been the shared chief executive of the councils for around 12 months following a cost-saving agreement brokered between former Torridge Council Leader James Morrish and his Teignbridge counterpart, Cllr Alan Connett.
You may also want to watch:
Since the appointment, however, both councils have had a change of leadership.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities