Council to reconsider chief executive share deal
Meeting behind closed doors at Bideford
TORRIDGE district councillors are to debate the future of the authority’s chief executive post behind closed doors.
An extraordinary meeting has been called to consider a motion put down by non-aligned Clinton ward Councillor Philip Collins.
The motion, in Part B of the agenda on Friday in Bideford Town Hall, says “that we terminate the agreement between Teignbridge and Torridge Councils regarding our shared chief exec and further that TDC consider alternatives.”
Nicola Bulbeck has been the shared chief executive of the councils for around 12 months following a cost-saving agreement brokered between former Torridge Council Leader James Morrish and his Teignbridge counterpart, Cllr Alan Connett.
You may also want to watch:
Since the appointment, however, both councils have had a change of leadership.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe