Council supports exhibition for the deaf
A deaf awareness event in Barnstaple is the latest to benefit from a grant from North Devon Council. Councillors Mike Harrison, Chris and Sue Haywood, John Wilsher and John Mathews have together given �1,035 to help fund the event from their community c
A deaf awareness event in Barnstaple is the latest to benefit from a grant from North Devon Council.
Councillors Mike Harrison, Chris and Sue Haywood, John Wilsher and John Mathews have together given �1,035 to help fund the event from their community councillor grants.
The free 'Help to Hear' event is taking place on Friday, July 16 at the Castle Centre in Barnstaple from 10.30am to 3.30pm. It will include workshops providing communication tips and advice for people with hearing loss, as well as their families and carers.
Cllr Chris Haywood, Ward Member for Barnstaple, says: "Along with the other ward members for Barnstaple, I am pleased to be able to help fund this important event. Events like this can make such a difference to the lives of people with hearing loss and their families by giving them access to advice and information all in one place."
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the deaf awareness event and to book a place on one of the workshops, phone Sue Bennett on 01271 373236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 5 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 6 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land