Council supports exhibition for the deaf
A deaf awareness event in Barnstaple is the latest to benefit from a grant from North Devon Council. Councillors Mike Harrison, Chris and Sue Haywood, John Wilsher and John Mathews have together given �1,035 to help fund the event from their community c
A deaf awareness event in Barnstaple is the latest to benefit from a grant from North Devon Council.
Councillors Mike Harrison, Chris and Sue Haywood, John Wilsher and John Mathews have together given �1,035 to help fund the event from their community councillor grants.
The free 'Help to Hear' event is taking place on Friday, July 16 at the Castle Centre in Barnstaple from 10.30am to 3.30pm. It will include workshops providing communication tips and advice for people with hearing loss, as well as their families and carers.
Cllr Chris Haywood, Ward Member for Barnstaple, says: "Along with the other ward members for Barnstaple, I am pleased to be able to help fund this important event. Events like this can make such a difference to the lives of people with hearing loss and their families by giving them access to advice and information all in one place."
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the deaf awareness event and to book a place on one of the workshops, phone Sue Bennett on 01271 373236 or email email@example.com
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 7 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station