Council supports exhibition for the deaf
A deaf awareness event in Barnstaple is the latest to benefit from a grant from North Devon Council. Councillors Mike Harrison, Chris and Sue Haywood, John Wilsher and John Mathews have together given �1,035 to help fund the event from their community c
A deaf awareness event in Barnstaple is the latest to benefit from a grant from North Devon Council.
Councillors Mike Harrison, Chris and Sue Haywood, John Wilsher and John Mathews have together given �1,035 to help fund the event from their community councillor grants.
The free 'Help to Hear' event is taking place on Friday, July 16 at the Castle Centre in Barnstaple from 10.30am to 3.30pm. It will include workshops providing communication tips and advice for people with hearing loss, as well as their families and carers.
Cllr Chris Haywood, Ward Member for Barnstaple, says: "Along with the other ward members for Barnstaple, I am pleased to be able to help fund this important event. Events like this can make such a difference to the lives of people with hearing loss and their families by giving them access to advice and information all in one place."
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the deaf awareness event and to book a place on one of the workshops, phone Sue Bennett on 01271 373236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer