Council supports exhibition for the deaf
A deaf awareness event in Barnstaple is the latest to benefit from a grant from North Devon Council. Councillors Mike Harrison, Chris and Sue Haywood, John Wilsher and John Mathews have together given �1,035 to help fund the event from their community c
A deaf awareness event in Barnstaple is the latest to benefit from a grant from North Devon Council.
Councillors Mike Harrison, Chris and Sue Haywood, John Wilsher and John Mathews have together given �1,035 to help fund the event from their community councillor grants.
The free 'Help to Hear' event is taking place on Friday, July 16 at the Castle Centre in Barnstaple from 10.30am to 3.30pm. It will include workshops providing communication tips and advice for people with hearing loss, as well as their families and carers.
Cllr Chris Haywood, Ward Member for Barnstaple, says: "Along with the other ward members for Barnstaple, I am pleased to be able to help fund this important event. Events like this can make such a difference to the lives of people with hearing loss and their families by giving them access to advice and information all in one place."
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the deaf awareness event and to book a place on one of the workshops, phone Sue Bennett on 01271 373236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman