Council spending on the Web
INFORMATION on where North Devon Council spends its money has been published on its website.
Data showing spending transactions over �500 is now available for the public to see.
Publication of the information follows a call from the Prime Minister for all local authorities to publish spending data by January 2011.
The web pages show spending with council suppliers as well as other transactions covering the period from April 1 to November 30, 2010.
Some personal data has been removed to comply with data protection law.
The information is presented in formats that make it easy for the public to read or sort and will be updated monthly.
North Devon Council Leader Cllr Des Brailey said: “Publishing council spending data shows our commitment to transparency and encouraging efficiency. The public can view the information on our website as well as re-use and analyse the data.”
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 8 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
The information can be viewed at www.northdevon.gov.uk/spendingdata.