Council spending on the Web
INFORMATION on where North Devon Council spends its money has been published on its website.
Data showing spending transactions over �500 is now available for the public to see.
Publication of the information follows a call from the Prime Minister for all local authorities to publish spending data by January 2011.
The web pages show spending with council suppliers as well as other transactions covering the period from April 1 to November 30, 2010.
Some personal data has been removed to comply with data protection law.
You may also want to watch:
The information is presented in formats that make it easy for the public to read or sort and will be updated monthly.
North Devon Council Leader Cllr Des Brailey said: “Publishing council spending data shows our commitment to transparency and encouraging efficiency. The public can view the information on our website as well as re-use and analyse the data.”
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
The information can be viewed at www.northdevon.gov.uk/spendingdata.