Council spending on the Web
INFORMATION on where North Devon Council spends its money has been published on its website.
Data showing spending transactions over �500 is now available for the public to see.
Publication of the information follows a call from the Prime Minister for all local authorities to publish spending data by January 2011.
The web pages show spending with council suppliers as well as other transactions covering the period from April 1 to November 30, 2010.
Some personal data has been removed to comply with data protection law.
You may also want to watch:
The information is presented in formats that make it easy for the public to read or sort and will be updated monthly.
North Devon Council Leader Cllr Des Brailey said: “Publishing council spending data shows our commitment to transparency and encouraging efficiency. The public can view the information on our website as well as re-use and analyse the data.”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
The information can be viewed at www.northdevon.gov.uk/spendingdata.