Council's success at North Devon Show
TWO people have been rewarded for visiting the North Devon Council stand at the North Devon Show and taking part in the various activities that were on offer. Mrs Margaret Parker from West Park Farm, South Molton won a �50 Mole Valley Farmers gift vouc
TWO people have been rewarded for visiting the North Devon Council stand at the North Devon Show and taking part in the various activities that were on offer.
Mrs Margaret Parker from West Park Farm, South Molton won a �50 Mole Valley Farmers' gift voucher for taking part in a survey on the council's opening hours. She is planning to use the voucher to buy a new winter coat.
Eight-year-old Kirsten Avery from Braunton won a �10 voucher for the Early Learning Centre by taking part in the council's special North Devon Show colouring competition. Kirsten is using the voucher to buy some new colouring books and pens.
Council staff were on hand throughout the day to tell people about the new food waste recycling service as well as plans for local towns and villages in the future. Members of the Customer Service Centre also took to their feet to talk to visitors around the show ground about their opening hours and services.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Des Brailey, Leader of North Devon Council, said: " This was another successful year for the council at the North Devon Show. A lot of people came along and enjoyed a lovely day out without any rain. The show is a great opportunity for the council to get out and meet people face to face. We were able to answer questions that visitors had and also gather a lot of useful information."
Cllr Roy Lucas, chairman of North Devon Council, said: "I was very pleased to help out with officers from North Devon Council at this year's show and talk to members of the public. The officers were all very dedicated, providing advice on things like waste and recycling and planning."
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 9 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 10 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
Council officers will now look through the information gathered at the show to help with decisions about service plans for the future, access to services and opening times.