Council officers’ pay revealed
- Credit: Getty Images
The earnings of senior officers at North Devon and Torridge district councils.
NORTH Devon Council will tomorrow (Wednesday) be presented with its annual Pay Policy as required by the government and giving details of senior officers’ salaries.
Under the Localism Act 2011 the council must give details of pay and any extras such as company cars or expenses.
The report to Wednesday evening’s full council meeting at the Civic Centre in Barnstaple will show chief executive Mike Mansell has a salary of £95,000 per year, while assistant chief executive Anne Cowley earns £58,322.
Head of finance Steve Hearse gets £51,968, plus an allowance of £6,403 in recognition of his responsibilities as interim joint head of finance for Torridge District Council.
You may also want to watch:
The policy says two further heads of service receive between £47,475 and £51,968.
All the officers mentioned can also claim expenses such as mileage.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
The average pay of council employees across the board is listed as £19,129, while the lowest paid members of staff are apprentices, on a starting figure of £10,000.
* TORRIDGE has yet to approve its 2013 pay policy, but its website reveals strategic director, and head of paid service Jenny Wallace is paid £81,837.
Heads of service receive £56,350, the special projects officer £54,298 and the council solicitor, who is also the monitoring officer, £48,957.
The chief accountant and finance officer is on £42,653 and the ICT manager £40,741 and a £2,000 car allowance.
The others are all able to make use of a lease car together with an annual contribution from the council varying from £2,908 to £4,600.
The lowest paid employee at the council is an office cleaner, on £12, 489 and the average council employee earns £19,126.