Council officers’ pay revealed
- Credit: Getty Images
The earnings of senior officers at North Devon and Torridge district councils.
NORTH Devon Council will tomorrow (Wednesday) be presented with its annual Pay Policy as required by the government and giving details of senior officers’ salaries.
Under the Localism Act 2011 the council must give details of pay and any extras such as company cars or expenses.
The report to Wednesday evening’s full council meeting at the Civic Centre in Barnstaple will show chief executive Mike Mansell has a salary of £95,000 per year, while assistant chief executive Anne Cowley earns £58,322.
Head of finance Steve Hearse gets £51,968, plus an allowance of £6,403 in recognition of his responsibilities as interim joint head of finance for Torridge District Council.
The policy says two further heads of service receive between £47,475 and £51,968.
All the officers mentioned can also claim expenses such as mileage.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 5 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 6 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 7 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 8 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
The average pay of council employees across the board is listed as £19,129, while the lowest paid members of staff are apprentices, on a starting figure of £10,000.
* TORRIDGE has yet to approve its 2013 pay policy, but its website reveals strategic director, and head of paid service Jenny Wallace is paid £81,837.
Heads of service receive £56,350, the special projects officer £54,298 and the council solicitor, who is also the monitoring officer, £48,957.
The chief accountant and finance officer is on £42,653 and the ICT manager £40,741 and a £2,000 car allowance.
The others are all able to make use of a lease car together with an annual contribution from the council varying from £2,908 to £4,600.
The lowest paid employee at the council is an office cleaner, on £12, 489 and the average council employee earns £19,126.