Council looks for new apprentice
Torridge District Council is opening up its fourth apprenticeship, this time in the revenues and benefits team.
TORRIDGE District Council is on the lookout for its fourth apprentice to join the team in the Revenues and Benefits department.
The council will take on one person to gain valuable work experience in the team and study for an NVQ in customer service during the 12-month-contract.
Council leader Barry Parsons said: “As a council Torridge values its young people highly.
“They are our future and it’s vital we give them every opportunity to excel and to succeed.
You may also want to watch:
“We see apprenticeships as a great way of employing and training someone who can then go on to bigger and better things, whether ultimately it be with Torridge or somewhere else.”
Georgina Beardsley is currently working as an apprentice with the council in the corporate services team, and said it has been a great opportunity.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 10 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
She said: “I’ve been with Torridge for three months now, it’s a great opportunity for me to showcase my skills, learn new ones and experience a professional working environment - and the extra training I get is the icing on the cake.”
Anyone interested in applying for the apprenticeship in the revenues and benefits team should visit www.torridge.gov.uk/jobs or call 01237 428830 for more information.