Council looks for new apprentice
Torridge District Council is opening up its fourth apprenticeship, this time in the revenues and benefits team.
TORRIDGE District Council is on the lookout for its fourth apprentice to join the team in the Revenues and Benefits department.
The council will take on one person to gain valuable work experience in the team and study for an NVQ in customer service during the 12-month-contract.
Council leader Barry Parsons said: “As a council Torridge values its young people highly.
“They are our future and it’s vital we give them every opportunity to excel and to succeed.
You may also want to watch:
“We see apprenticeships as a great way of employing and training someone who can then go on to bigger and better things, whether ultimately it be with Torridge or somewhere else.”
Georgina Beardsley is currently working as an apprentice with the council in the corporate services team, and said it has been a great opportunity.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
She said: “I’ve been with Torridge for three months now, it’s a great opportunity for me to showcase my skills, learn new ones and experience a professional working environment - and the extra training I get is the icing on the cake.”
Anyone interested in applying for the apprenticeship in the revenues and benefits team should visit www.torridge.gov.uk/jobs or call 01237 428830 for more information.