Council looks for new apprentice
Torridge District Council is opening up its fourth apprenticeship, this time in the revenues and benefits team.
TORRIDGE District Council is on the lookout for its fourth apprentice to join the team in the Revenues and Benefits department.
The council will take on one person to gain valuable work experience in the team and study for an NVQ in customer service during the 12-month-contract.
Council leader Barry Parsons said: “As a council Torridge values its young people highly.
“They are our future and it’s vital we give them every opportunity to excel and to succeed.
“We see apprenticeships as a great way of employing and training someone who can then go on to bigger and better things, whether ultimately it be with Torridge or somewhere else.”
Georgina Beardsley is currently working as an apprentice with the council in the corporate services team, and said it has been a great opportunity.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 6 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 7 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 10 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
She said: “I’ve been with Torridge for three months now, it’s a great opportunity for me to showcase my skills, learn new ones and experience a professional working environment - and the extra training I get is the icing on the cake.”
Anyone interested in applying for the apprenticeship in the revenues and benefits team should visit www.torridge.gov.uk/jobs or call 01237 428830 for more information.