Council highly commended at awards
A successful night for Torridge District Council at the Land Data local land charges awards.
TORRIDGE District Council has been highly commended in the customer satisfaction category at the 2012 Land Data local land charges awards for excellence.
The council is the only authority in the country to have won a Land Data award four years in a row, including twice winning the customer satisfaction award in 2008 and 2009.
Last year the council won an award for marketing innovation, and in 2010 Kevin Crowl was named the local land charges officer of the year.
Councilor Barry Parsons, leader of the council, said: “This is, once again, another fine achievement by our officers at Torridge District Council.
You may also want to watch:
“As a relatively small local authority we punch far above our weight. I continue to be proud of our officers and members who are providing, without a shadow of doubt, more for less.”
The winners of the award were announced last night (Mon) at an awards dinner held in Bristol and presented by BBC journalist and Radio 4 ‘Today’ presenter Justin Webb.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
The awards celebrate the work and achievements of local land charges departments, which carry out land and property searches required for property transactions throughout England and Wales.
Nominees for the award are made by local authority search customers, solicitors and licensed conveyancers, who vote on the customer service provided by the authority in terms of quality, reliability, and value for money.