Council decision on vacant chief-exec post
Following the departure of their shared chief excutive, Torridge District Council have approved new recommendations for management.
THE FUTURE of Torridge District Council’s top management tier was decided on Monday night.
A proposal to appoint an interim head of paid service for the next 12 months rather than recruit a permanent chief executive was approved at the full council meeting.
The working party recommendations were considered ahead of the departure of current shared chief executive Nicola Bulbeck, who will step down tomorrow (Thur), three months after the council decided to terminate its secondment agreement with Teignbridge District Council.
The council also approved recommendations to appoint Steve Harding, the current chief accountant, as interim statutory finance officer.
You may also want to watch:
Jenny Wallace, the council’s strategic director for resources, will become the interim head of paid service, and will receive and additional �5,000 per annum to cover the extra responsibilities.
Both will assume their new positions on Friday for a period of up to 12 months.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
The council has a legal obligation to provide a head of paid service but is not required to have a chief executive
The chief accountant’s post will be re-evaluated to establish additional remuneration.