Council decision on vacant chief-exec post
Following the departure of their shared chief excutive, Torridge District Council have approved new recommendations for management.
THE FUTURE of Torridge District Council’s top management tier was decided on Monday night.
A proposal to appoint an interim head of paid service for the next 12 months rather than recruit a permanent chief executive was approved at the full council meeting.
The working party recommendations were considered ahead of the departure of current shared chief executive Nicola Bulbeck, who will step down tomorrow (Thur), three months after the council decided to terminate its secondment agreement with Teignbridge District Council.
The council also approved recommendations to appoint Steve Harding, the current chief accountant, as interim statutory finance officer.
You may also want to watch:
Jenny Wallace, the council’s strategic director for resources, will become the interim head of paid service, and will receive and additional �5,000 per annum to cover the extra responsibilities.
Both will assume their new positions on Friday for a period of up to 12 months.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
The council has a legal obligation to provide a head of paid service but is not required to have a chief executive
The chief accountant’s post will be re-evaluated to establish additional remuneration.