Council decision on vacant chief-exec post
Following the departure of their shared chief excutive, Torridge District Council have approved new recommendations for management.
THE FUTURE of Torridge District Council’s top management tier was decided on Monday night.
A proposal to appoint an interim head of paid service for the next 12 months rather than recruit a permanent chief executive was approved at the full council meeting.
The working party recommendations were considered ahead of the departure of current shared chief executive Nicola Bulbeck, who will step down tomorrow (Thur), three months after the council decided to terminate its secondment agreement with Teignbridge District Council.
The council also approved recommendations to appoint Steve Harding, the current chief accountant, as interim statutory finance officer.
Jenny Wallace, the council’s strategic director for resources, will become the interim head of paid service, and will receive and additional �5,000 per annum to cover the extra responsibilities.
Both will assume their new positions on Friday for a period of up to 12 months.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity
The council has a legal obligation to provide a head of paid service but is not required to have a chief executive
The chief accountant’s post will be re-evaluated to establish additional remuneration.