Council collects over 100kg of food for charity
Torridge District Council holds first ever workplace collection for Bideford Foodbank.
TORRIDGE District Council staff members have collected more than 109kg of food in Bideford Foodbank’s first ever workplace collection day.
Staff at Riverbank House stocked up on tinned food, breakfast cereals, spaghetti, biscuits, sauces and pasta among other non perishable foods to help those in crisis.
Duncan Withall, project manager at the Foodbank, said: “A sincere thank you to staff at TDC who were so generous in this the first ever Workplace Food Collection day.
“We are so grateful for their quick response to our appeal for help in replenishing our food stocks.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Barry Parsons, leader of the council said: “It’s a great contribution by staff and is indicative of how much we all appreciate the work of the volunteers at the Foodbank.
“Supporting local families in need, making a real difference, helping each other through the tough times shows a tremendous community spirit.”
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Anyone wishing to hold a collection day at their workplace or for more information on volunteering at the Foodbank, call 07874 206438 or email email@example.com
The Foodbank at 21 High Street, Bideford, is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10.30am-1.30pm providing three-days of emergency food for those in need.