Council collects over 100kg of food for charity
Torridge District Council holds first ever workplace collection for Bideford Foodbank.
TORRIDGE District Council staff members have collected more than 109kg of food in Bideford Foodbank’s first ever workplace collection day.
Staff at Riverbank House stocked up on tinned food, breakfast cereals, spaghetti, biscuits, sauces and pasta among other non perishable foods to help those in crisis.
Duncan Withall, project manager at the Foodbank, said: “A sincere thank you to staff at TDC who were so generous in this the first ever Workplace Food Collection day.
“We are so grateful for their quick response to our appeal for help in replenishing our food stocks.”
Cllr Barry Parsons, leader of the council said: “It’s a great contribution by staff and is indicative of how much we all appreciate the work of the volunteers at the Foodbank.
“Supporting local families in need, making a real difference, helping each other through the tough times shows a tremendous community spirit.”
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple
Anyone wishing to hold a collection day at their workplace or for more information on volunteering at the Foodbank, call 07874 206438 or email email@example.com
The Foodbank at 21 High Street, Bideford, is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10.30am-1.30pm providing three-days of emergency food for those in need.