Council callers will help make sure of your vote
RESIDENTS of Torridge district who have not filled out and returned their Register of Electors form can expect a gentle knock on the door shortly. The council has employed 21 canvassers to visit properties where no form has been returned. The forms are us
RESIDENTS of Torridge district who have not filled out and returned their Register of Electors form can expect a gentle knock on the door shortly.
The council has employed 21 canvassers to visit properties where no form has been returned.
The forms are used to compile the list of people who can vote at forthcoming elections and are sent out to all households in the district. It is a legal requirement that residents complete and sign them before returning them to the council.
But this year there are currently 5,708 properties where no form has been returned.
You may also want to watch:
Paula Hunter, Electoral Services Officer, said: "Canvassers will try their best to visit each household. It is a legal requirement that people complete these forms and there is still time to do it by post, phone, text or even on-line. The more people that can do that, the better."
Householders are assured that each canvasser will carry an indentity badge and a letter of authority and will only door knock between the hours of 9am and 8pm. They have also been provided with an out- of- hours number that residents may call to confirm their identity.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 8 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 Lord-Lieutenant of Devon pays tribute to Prince Philip
They will ask householders to check and sign the form for that address.
Door knocking will start from this Saturday, October 24, and may continue until Sunday, November 22.
The new Electoral Register will be published on December 1.
For more information call (01237) 428702 or visit the Annual Canvass website at: http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/