Could you be a Barnstaple Carnival princess?
IF you ve ever dreamed of being a queen for a day, a competition being held by organisers of this year s Barnstaple carnival is sure to put a sparkle in your tiara.
IF you've ever dreamed of being a queen for a day, a competition being held by organisers of this year's Barnstaple carnival is sure to put a sparkle in your tiara.
The committee has teamed up with the North Devon Gazette to find a princess to accompany carnival queen Jerica Torres at this year's event - and go on to become carnival queen herself in 2010.
The competition is open to all girls aged between 14 and 16 from the Barnstaple area; and all that would-be-queens have to do to be in with a chance of stealing the limelight on a day to remember on Saturday, September 19, is fill in the form below.
Carnival organisers have put together a fantastic package of prizes for this year's lucky girl. The winning princess will receive an off-the-peg dress to wear on the day - and keep - from Joy Street boutique Gems; as well as �50 prize money. AND, they'll be guaranteed similar prizes in 2010 when they go on to become carnival queen themselves!
You may also want to watch:
Just tell us in no more than 50 words why you'd like to be carnival princess this year. Enclose a photo of yourself, ask a parent or guardian to sign the form and return it to the North Devon Gazette Carnival Princess Competition, Unit 3, Old Station Road, Barnstaple, North Devon, EX32 8PB no later than Wednesday, August 26.
When all the entries are received, they will be published in the Gazette and posted on the Barnstaple Carnival website at www.barnstaplecarnival.com where it will then be up to members of the public to vote for their winner.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone