Could the rich do more for the poor?
SIR – The column inches of the Gazette are reverberating with new ideas to get the poor to give more to worthy causes so the rich don’t have to, but what measures are put in place to ensure the vulnerable in the big society don’t give money they can’t afford to?
Philip Milton is a very wealthy businessman and a regular contributor to the letters page. What ideas does he have to encourage the inherited rich to provide all the money needed for charitable causes?
Gerard Stables is the secretary of the Communist Party of Great Britain; what part will he play in bringing the Egyptian people’s revolution to this country and so eradicate forever the pain and suffering of the common man?
It is an absolute disgrace that we allow a reason to exist for people to beg from the poor, whilst the richest in the land are given millions to pay for their own private wedding.
We’re all in this together except those who aren’t in it. No-one can say the bankers believe that a lack of money is their fault, in fact they believe it is a bonus.
You may also want to watch:
T P Gidman, Barnstaple.
- 1 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 2 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 3 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 4 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 5 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 6 New Trek Fest gives walkers a reward for their hike
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 10 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford