Northern Devon Foodbank praises brilliant response to coronavirus crisis
- Credit: Archant
Northern Devon Foodbank has seen a huge effort from local businesses and communities in response to the coronavirus crisis.
The charity said as more than 90 per cent of its donations came from the public, it was vital to keep this going as it relied on peoples’ generosity.
It has been able to keep its branches in Barnstaple, Bideford, Ilfracombe and South Molton open, after reviewing and updating processes, including creating pre-packed food parcels to minimise contact time.
Chairman Duncan Withall said: “We’ve had a huge response from local businesses over the last few weeks and a significant increase in food donations which we are extremely grateful for.”
he said there were too many to list, but businesses stepping up to help have included Atlantic Bay Fish & Chips, Blue Lotus Café, Brend Hotels, the Boat House, Star Cross Farm, Susie Bakery and The Williams Arms.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “it’s fantastic to see that even in these difficult times public donations have continued.
“If as part of your lock-down preparations you bought a few extra long-life items that you no longer need, we would welcome your donations. Our most wanted items are: tea bags, dried milk, sugar, fruit juice (long life), cereals, soup, tinned tomatoes, pasta sauce.”
Donations can be left at your local supermarket, or your local foodbank branch - visit https://northerndevon.foodbank.org.uk/locations .
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 8 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 9 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 10 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank