Coronavirus death at North Devon District Hospital confirmed
- Credit: Archant
A patient has died at North Devon District Hospital after testing positive for Covid-19.
The patient died on Tuesday, May 26, according to figures released by NHS England on Thursday (May 28).
It means 21 people have now died at the hospital in Barnstaple after testing positive for the virus.
The death toll for hospitals in Devon now stands at 182, with a death at Torbay Hospital also confirmed on Thursday.
NHS England announced 185 new deaths of people who tested positive for Covid-19, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in hospitals in England to 26,235.
You may also want to watch:
Of the 185 new deaths announced on Thursday:
- 29 occurred on May 27
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 3 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 6 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 10 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 73 occurred on May 26
- 19 occurred on May 25
The figures also show 54 of the new deaths took place between May 2 and May 24, and the remaining 10 deaths occurred in April with the earliest on April 10.
It releases updated figures each day showing the dates of every coronavirus-related death in hospitals in England, often including previously uncounted deaths that took place several days or even weeks ago.