Cookery corner in Bideford Pannier Market
BANISH the cold with a curry or a warm winter casserole and go wild with pheasant, pigeon or local fish. All are ingredients of the latest cookery demonstration and healthy eating tips from Torridge District Council s Chef s Corner project taking place at
BANISH the cold with a curry or a warm winter casserole and go wild with pheasant, pigeon or local fish.
All are ingredients of the latest cookery demonstration and healthy eating tips from Torridge District Council's Chef's Corner project taking place at Bideford Pannier Market on Saturday
Working in conjunction with Bideford Town Council, the first of what is hoped to be regular cooking presentations will kick off at 10.45am. People can have a free lift up the hill from Bridge Street car park to the market, courtesy of Quay Cars.
With National Salt Awareness Week starting on February 1, it will be an ideal time for the Chef's Corner project to once again promote healthy eating, using local produce and fresh ingredients, with new ideas on what to eat and how to cook it.
You may also want to watch:
Now in its second year, Chef's Corner events have previously taken place at RHS Gardens Rosemoor, North Devon Food Festival, Barnstaple Pannier Market, the Atlantic Village Food Fare and the Farmers Markets on Bideford Quay.
Saturday's demonstration menu: 10.45am, Velvet & Vanilla - warm winter casserole with Eversfield sausages and market vegetables; 11.30am, Burton Art Gallery French Joe - pheasant/pigeon, Puy lentils, Berg�re sauce; 12.15 pm, Devon Food Co. and Cllr Roger Johnson - banish the cold with curry;
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 6 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
1.15 pm, Brilliant Fish - sea food chowder using John Dory, Devon cider, mussels
For more information on Chefs' Corner, the chefs themselves and future events, visit the website www.torridge.gov.uk/chefs or call (01237) 428809.