Cookery corner in Bideford Pannier Market
BANISH the cold with a curry or a warm winter casserole and go wild with pheasant, pigeon or local fish. All are ingredients of the latest cookery demonstration and healthy eating tips from Torridge District Council s Chef s Corner project taking place at
BANISH the cold with a curry or a warm winter casserole and go wild with pheasant, pigeon or local fish.
All are ingredients of the latest cookery demonstration and healthy eating tips from Torridge District Council's Chef's Corner project taking place at Bideford Pannier Market on Saturday
Working in conjunction with Bideford Town Council, the first of what is hoped to be regular cooking presentations will kick off at 10.45am. People can have a free lift up the hill from Bridge Street car park to the market, courtesy of Quay Cars.
With National Salt Awareness Week starting on February 1, it will be an ideal time for the Chef's Corner project to once again promote healthy eating, using local produce and fresh ingredients, with new ideas on what to eat and how to cook it.
You may also want to watch:
Now in its second year, Chef's Corner events have previously taken place at RHS Gardens Rosemoor, North Devon Food Festival, Barnstaple Pannier Market, the Atlantic Village Food Fare and the Farmers Markets on Bideford Quay.
Saturday's demonstration menu: 10.45am, Velvet & Vanilla - warm winter casserole with Eversfield sausages and market vegetables; 11.30am, Burton Art Gallery French Joe - pheasant/pigeon, Puy lentils, Berg�re sauce; 12.15 pm, Devon Food Co. and Cllr Roger Johnson - banish the cold with curry;
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 10 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
1.15 pm, Brilliant Fish - sea food chowder using John Dory, Devon cider, mussels
For more information on Chefs' Corner, the chefs themselves and future events, visit the website www.torridge.gov.uk/chefs or call (01237) 428809.