Cooker destroyed in fire at Ash Mill
- Credit: Archant
Three fire crews rushed to the property near South Molton after reports of a Rayburn cooker on fire.
FIRE crews were called to a property in Ash Mill, South Molton, this morning (Friday) after reports of a fire in the kitchen.
A Rayburn range cooker was reported to be on fire just after 10am, and fire engines from South Molton, Witheridge and Dulverton were scrambled to the scene.
Upon arrival crews found the Rayburn on fire and used two breathing apparatus wearers, a hose reel jet and a covering jet to fight the fire.
Fire fighters also used a thermal imaging camera and small tools during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The cooker was completely destroyed in the fire and crews used positive pressure ventilation to clear the property of smoke.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 8 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality