Cooker destroyed in fire at Ash Mill
- Credit: Archant
Three fire crews rushed to the property near South Molton after reports of a Rayburn cooker on fire.
FIRE crews were called to a property in Ash Mill, South Molton, this morning (Friday) after reports of a fire in the kitchen.
A Rayburn range cooker was reported to be on fire just after 10am, and fire engines from South Molton, Witheridge and Dulverton were scrambled to the scene.
Upon arrival crews found the Rayburn on fire and used two breathing apparatus wearers, a hose reel jet and a covering jet to fight the fire.
Fire fighters also used a thermal imaging camera and small tools during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The cooker was completely destroyed in the fire and crews used positive pressure ventilation to clear the property of smoke.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes