Cook up a storm with friends and family for children’s hospice
- Credit: CHSW
Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW) is asking people to Cook Eat Give and raise a few pounds for its Little Bridge House children’s hospice next month.
The charity is inviting people to host a dinner party in their social bubble or organise a virtual dinner party over Zoom during a special week of foodie fundraising from November 2-8.
CHSW Community fundraiser Laura Robertson said: “We’re inviting people to enjoy great food and company while raising a few pounds for local families who need our hospices.
“Your Cook Eat Give dinner party could be at home with those in your social bubble, or why not get together virtually for a meal with friends and family near and far?
“However you decide to Cook Eat Give, it’s all about enjoying food, having fun and helping Little Bridge House continue to support children with life-limiting conditions and their families – every penny you’re able to raise will make a huge difference.”
You may also want to watch:
People can register for free on the CHSW website to receive a fundraising pack with everything they need to get started, including invitations, a donation form, money collection box and plenty of ideas to get their fundraiser off to a flier.
Little Bridge House, near Barnstaple has continued to support more than 200 local families during the pandemic and exists almost entirely because of voluntary donations.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
“The pandemic has had a huge impact on the charity, as well as families already facing unimaginable challenges who need our support now more than ever,” added Laura.
“Please show your support and help them make the most of short and precious lives by holding a Cook Eat Give.”
To register to take part and receive a free Cook Eat Give fundraising pack, visit the CHSW website. You can also join the Cook Eat Give event page on Facebook.
The charity is reminding people holding a Cook Eat Give to stay safe by following government guidelines on social distancing and announcements from Public Health England.