Consultation on the ‘southern extension’ of Ilfracombe
Public can have their say at Landmark event on proposals for up to 1,000 new homes, a school, medical centre and other facilities on land to south of town.
A PUBLIC exhibition and consultation is being held tomorrow (Friday) on wide ranging plans for the southern extension of Ilfracombe.
Consultants David Lock and Associates were today (Thursday) hosting a briefing at the Landmark for councillors, business and community representatives on the plans so far.
Then there will be public consultation at the Landmark from 9.30am-7.30pm on Friday and 9.30am-4pm on Saturday.
The blueprint for extending the town south on land at Killacleave includes up to 1,000 new homes - including 500 proposed by artist Damien Hirst - plus a primary school, sports facilities, small business units and a medical centre.
You may also want to watch:
The consultation will also be asking for opinions on open space provision, both as part of the southern extension and also across the town.
- 1 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 2 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising