Consultation on dog orders ends Friday
- Credit: Getty Images/Polka Dot RF
Orders would mean dog owners have to put their dog on a lead if directed to do so by council officer on Northam Burrows.
A PUBLIC consultation on proposed dog orders for Northam Burrows will end on Friday.
Torridge District Council is proposing a ‘dogs on a lead by direction’ order on the burrows site to run year-round.
This would make it an offence for a person in charge of a dog to fail to comply with a direction to put and keep the dog on a lead when directed to do so by an authorised officer of the council.
Anyone wishing to comment on the consultation by Friday can visit www.torridge.gov.uk/dogcontrolorders or visit any of the council offices in Bideford, Torrington and Holsworthy.
You may also want to watch:
Comments will presented to the council before a final decision is voted upon.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon