Consultation on dog orders ends Friday
- Credit: Getty Images/Polka Dot RF
Orders would mean dog owners have to put their dog on a lead if directed to do so by council officer on Northam Burrows.
A PUBLIC consultation on proposed dog orders for Northam Burrows will end on Friday.
Torridge District Council is proposing a ‘dogs on a lead by direction’ order on the burrows site to run year-round.
This would make it an offence for a person in charge of a dog to fail to comply with a direction to put and keep the dog on a lead when directed to do so by an authorised officer of the council.
Anyone wishing to comment on the consultation by Friday can visit www.torridge.gov.uk/dogcontrolorders or visit any of the council offices in Bideford, Torrington and Holsworthy.
You may also want to watch:
Comments will presented to the council before a final decision is voted upon.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened