Consultation on 750 new homes in Bideford
- Credit: Archant
Bloor Homes will be consulting with the public over plans for 750 new houses in Bideford.
A PUBLIC exhibition will be held on Friday and Saturday to outline plans for around 750 new homes in Bideford.
Bloor Homes will be hosting the consultation for land at Winsford Park, which lies adjacent the Atlantic Park site where work on a new Premier Inn and McDonalds in underway.
People will be able to come along to Unit 34 in Atlantic Village on Friday from midday until 6pm and Saturday from 10am until 4pm.
The site is allocated for development in the North Devon and Torridge joint draft local plan.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Kerton, the company’s planning manager, said: “Bloor Homes is committed to meaningful community consultation with the people of Bideford and with the residents of nearby parishes.
“We are responding to the local plan proposals identifying this land for around 750 homes. We are consulting now to enable residents to help shape our initial concepts for the site.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
“The planning process is lengthy and housing – particularly affordable housing as well as the other economic benefits associated with both the housing and the local centre – are urgently required.”
Feedback will be collected both at the consultation event and via www.winsfordpark.co.uk.