Consult on bus site
- Credit: Archant
The cost to local community charge payers must be considered with the purchase of the former Ilfracombe bus station site – also the cost of any future proposals.
The present government, knowing that the future weighs heavily on community charge payers, has enforced a ‘nil increase’ on Devon County Council and North Devon Council over the past three years.
It is not for Ilfracombe Town Council to increase what they charge local ratepayers with projects.
Local community charge payers are struggling to pay household bills currently. Any increase to household budgets ‘hurts’.
This issue is all about ‘costs’. Residents want to know what the cost of the site and any following proposals will mean to them prior to proposals going ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Very important: there needs to be prior public consultation before decisions are made.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up