Conservative candidate ‘delighted’ by PM’s North Devon show visit
- Credit: Archant
Mr Heaton Jones says he relished the opportunity to lobby Cameron and Paterson on local issues
Conservative PPC for North Devon Peter Heaton Jones was ‘delighted’ by Prime Minister David Cameron’s visit to this year’s North Devon Show.
Mr Heaton Jones – the Conservative Party’s parliamentary hopeful for the 2015 General Election - said he took the opportunity to lobby the Prime Minister on important local issues, including roads, broadband, the Tarka train line and flooding issues.
“I think he really listens and he will now be asking the relevant ministers to make sure these issues are addressed.
“I was delighted that David Cameron came to the North Devon Show; he was there not only to pledge government support to agriculture but to show how serious the Conservatives are about winning North Devon.
You may also want to watch:
“It was also great to have Owen Paterson here who again really listened to local issues.
“This was so much more than just a photo opportunity as North Devon is a key Conservative target seat for the 2015 election.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park