Conservative candidate ‘delighted’ by PM’s North Devon show visit
- Credit: Archant
Mr Heaton Jones says he relished the opportunity to lobby Cameron and Paterson on local issues
Conservative PPC for North Devon Peter Heaton Jones was ‘delighted’ by Prime Minister David Cameron’s visit to this year’s North Devon Show.
Mr Heaton Jones – the Conservative Party’s parliamentary hopeful for the 2015 General Election - said he took the opportunity to lobby the Prime Minister on important local issues, including roads, broadband, the Tarka train line and flooding issues.
“I think he really listens and he will now be asking the relevant ministers to make sure these issues are addressed.
“I was delighted that David Cameron came to the North Devon Show; he was there not only to pledge government support to agriculture but to show how serious the Conservatives are about winning North Devon.
You may also want to watch:
“It was also great to have Owen Paterson here who again really listened to local issues.
“This was so much more than just a photo opportunity as North Devon is a key Conservative target seat for the 2015 election.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 6 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple