Conservation review of North Devon coastal villages
FOLK in North Devon are being asked to think about how some of the region s coastal villages can be protected for future generations. North Devon Council is reviewing its conservation areas, looking at what makes them special and where they should be c
FOLK in North Devon are being asked to think about how some of the region's coastal villages can be protected for future generations.
North Devon Council is reviewing its conservation areas, looking at what makes them special and where they should be created, extended or reduced.
As a result, a public consultation is now taking place to consider proposals for Croyde, Georgeham and Putsborough.
Councillor Colin Wright, Lead Member for Planning, said: "The council has put together what are called Character Appraisals for these villages. These highlight the key characteristics of the areas, and what needs to be protected.
You may also want to watch:
"We want as many people as possible to share their views on these findings, so that the information gathered can help us with our planning policy guidelines for the future."
The conservation area character appraisals can be viewed by going to the website http://northdevon-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
As well as taking part in the consultation online, people are also being invited to come along and have their say at the following events:
Wednesday 9 December - 3pm to 7pm at Croyde Village Hall
Tuesday 15 December - 3pm to 7pm at Georgeham Village Hall
All comments on the three conservation area reviews need to be received by the council by Thursday 14 January 2010.