Conservation review of North Devon coastal villages
FOLK in North Devon are being asked to think about how some of the region s coastal villages can be protected for future generations. North Devon Council is reviewing its conservation areas, looking at what makes them special and where they should be c
FOLK in North Devon are being asked to think about how some of the region's coastal villages can be protected for future generations.
North Devon Council is reviewing its conservation areas, looking at what makes them special and where they should be created, extended or reduced.
As a result, a public consultation is now taking place to consider proposals for Croyde, Georgeham and Putsborough.
Councillor Colin Wright, Lead Member for Planning, said: "The council has put together what are called Character Appraisals for these villages. These highlight the key characteristics of the areas, and what needs to be protected.
You may also want to watch:
"We want as many people as possible to share their views on these findings, so that the information gathered can help us with our planning policy guidelines for the future."
The conservation area character appraisals can be viewed by going to the website http://northdevon-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
As well as taking part in the consultation online, people are also being invited to come along and have their say at the following events:
Wednesday 9 December - 3pm to 7pm at Croyde Village Hall
Tuesday 15 December - 3pm to 7pm at Georgeham Village Hall
All comments on the three conservation area reviews need to be received by the council by Thursday 14 January 2010.