Conservation review of North Devon coastal villages
FOLK in North Devon are being asked to think about how some of the region s coastal villages can be protected for future generations. North Devon Council is reviewing its conservation areas, looking at what makes them special and where they should be c
FOLK in North Devon are being asked to think about how some of the region's coastal villages can be protected for future generations.
North Devon Council is reviewing its conservation areas, looking at what makes them special and where they should be created, extended or reduced.
As a result, a public consultation is now taking place to consider proposals for Croyde, Georgeham and Putsborough.
Councillor Colin Wright, Lead Member for Planning, said: "The council has put together what are called Character Appraisals for these villages. These highlight the key characteristics of the areas, and what needs to be protected.
You may also want to watch:
"We want as many people as possible to share their views on these findings, so that the information gathered can help us with our planning policy guidelines for the future."
The conservation area character appraisals can be viewed by going to the website http://northdevon-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
As well as taking part in the consultation online, people are also being invited to come along and have their say at the following events:
Wednesday 9 December - 3pm to 7pm at Croyde Village Hall
Tuesday 15 December - 3pm to 7pm at Georgeham Village Hall
All comments on the three conservation area reviews need to be received by the council by Thursday 14 January 2010.