Connect with council on Facebook
Ilfracombe Town Council moves on to social networking.
PEOPLE in Ilfracombe can now deal directly with their town council through Facebook.
The council has closed its website forum and launched its first Facebook page, which can be found at www.itcfacebook.co.uk or by searching for Ilfracombe Town Council.
The site offers the chance for people to engage directly with the council by making posts and in turn the council will be able to respond as well as highlight issues and stories affecting the town. The official town council site will still be available at www.theilfracombecentre.co.uk.
Steve Seatherton, Ilfracombe Centre manager, said many customers had suggested the council go on to Facebook.
You may also want to watch:
“One of the main reasons we have chosen it is due to the enormous numbers that regularly use Facebook,” he said.
“We are also hoping to reach people on a wider scale, for example attracting younger people in the community who already use Facebook, who might not have engaged with the council before our page was introduced.”
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival