Connect four grand
Twice recently in your letters columns, I invited North Devon Council’s Lib Dem (and occasional Independent!) leader, Brian Greenslade, to tell us how much is spent on producing and distributing the North Devon Connect magazine.
Sadly, he has still not had the courtesy to reply. However, other members of the council have been less reticent. I have been approached and reliably informed that the sum is four thousand pounds per annum.
Am I the only one who believes that this is a gross misuse of our council tax, when everywhere I look I see potholes on the roads, litter, weeds and dogs’ mess on or near the pavements, and uncut grass verges?
Is this “making sure we are getting the most from every penny”? I think not!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes