Connect four grand
Twice recently in your letters columns, I invited North Devon Council’s Lib Dem (and occasional Independent!) leader, Brian Greenslade, to tell us how much is spent on producing and distributing the North Devon Connect magazine.
Sadly, he has still not had the courtesy to reply. However, other members of the council have been less reticent. I have been approached and reliably informed that the sum is four thousand pounds per annum.
Am I the only one who believes that this is a gross misuse of our council tax, when everywhere I look I see potholes on the roads, litter, weeds and dogs’ mess on or near the pavements, and uncut grass verges?
Is this “making sure we are getting the most from every penny”? I think not!
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 8 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 9 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 10 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'