Confront the Codden Challenge for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
New 10k race being held on Saturday, September 14, the same day as Landkey Festival.
THE people that brought you the gruelling Hartland Hartbreaker have devised a new torment – the first ever Codden Challenge.
The 10 kilometre run will include an ascent of the steep Codden Hill and will be hosted alongside the Landkey Festival, on Saturday, September 14.
Proceeds from both events go to the Chemotherapy Appeal and for community facilities at Landkey.
The run is being organised by North Devon Road Runners, which hosted the Hartbreaker earlier in the year for Children’s Hospice South West.
You may also want to watch:
The Festival at Millennium Green will feature classic cars, assault courses, a raffle, face painting plus horse and cart rides. There will also be live music, a beer and cider tent, cream teas and much more.
There will also be mountain bike skills course for youngsters run by professional riders Jay and Maddie Horton of Fully Sussed.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial
The festival runs from 2-8pm while the Codden Challenge sets off at 4pm. Closing date for race entries is September 10. Visit www.northdevonroadrunners.com to enter.
To find out more about all the events, call Emma Marshall on 07587186982 or email firstname.lastname@example.org