Conference for the future at Petroc
THE movers and shakers of tomorrow will tomorrow (Wednesday) be finding out more about preserving our world whilst building on it for the future at a Higher Education Sustainability Conference hoisted by Petroc in Barnstaple. The event for students will h
THE movers and shakers of tomorrow will tomorrow (Wednesday) be finding out more about preserving our world whilst building on it for the future at a Higher Education Sustainability Conference hoisted by Petroc in Barnstaple.
The event for students will highlight the role of sustainable development in the modern world and the need to improve the environment, preserve natural resources and make an economic and social impact
It is hoped by teaching and empowering future generations the graduates will be well equipped to respond effectively to these changes, set to become even more pressing as time goes on.
The conference will include a presentation from Nick Harrington, Head of Marine Energy at the South West Regional Development Agency. Nick is a graduate in mathematics and will discuss the development of the Wave Hub project at Hayle in Cornwall.
You may also want to watch:
A further presentation will be made by Karl Morrison, the sustainability officer at North Devon Healthcare Trust, on the links between sustainability and the healthcare system. Karl is a former Higher Education student who graduated from Petroc with a BSc (Hons) in Electronic Engineering June 2009.
The students will also give a presentation on their view of sustainability from their own disciplines. As graduates they need to be willing and able to demonstrate an ability to respond effectively to change and to recognise its impact on the working world into which they aspire.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
There will also be displays to highlight the sustainability work at Petroc including access to the Eco House and the college's "green" cars which will be available for inspection.
For more information on foundation degrees offered at Petroc, contact the higher education team on (01271) 338100 or visit www.petroc.ac.uk.