Computer stolen in Appledore burglary
Detectives investigate daytime theft from terraced home.
DETECTIVES are investigating a burglary which happened during daylight hours at a home in Appledore.
A Fujitsu laptop computer was stolen from a table during the raid on the terraced house just off Pitt Hill, between 8.30am and 1pm on Tuesday, November 6.
A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall Police said: “This may be an opportune time to remind householders to be aware of home security around the clock.
“There is no need to make your home into a fortress, but simply locking a door or window, even when you are at home, may prevent you becoming the next victim of crime.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a very rare occurrence but never-the-less, people should be aware and deter the opportunist thief by being careful.”
Officers are appealing to anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in the area, or who has been offered a similar laptop recently to contact Bideford CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 quoting crime reference CD/12/2082.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience