Computer stolen in Appledore burglary
Detectives investigate daytime theft from terraced home.
DETECTIVES are investigating a burglary which happened during daylight hours at a home in Appledore.
A Fujitsu laptop computer was stolen from a table during the raid on the terraced house just off Pitt Hill, between 8.30am and 1pm on Tuesday, November 6.
A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall Police said: “This may be an opportune time to remind householders to be aware of home security around the clock.
“There is no need to make your home into a fortress, but simply locking a door or window, even when you are at home, may prevent you becoming the next victim of crime.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a very rare occurrence but never-the-less, people should be aware and deter the opportunist thief by being careful.”
Officers are appealing to anyone who may have seen anything suspicious in the area, or who has been offered a similar laptop recently to contact Bideford CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 quoting crime reference CD/12/2082.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar