Computer learners log on at North Devon College
THE world of information technology is now only a click away for people who find it difficult to access a computer – thanks to a course at North Devon College. Staff, customer forum members and customers at North Devon Homes have completed a Computer Lite
THE world of information technology is now only a click away for people who find it difficult to access a computer - thanks to a course at North Devon College.
Staff, customer forum members and customers at North Devon Homes have completed a Computer Literacy and Information Technology (CLAIT) course to help develop their basic computer skills.
Des Kendryna, a North Devon College tutor at Pilton Adult Learning, worked with NDH customer involvement manager, Elaine Yorke, to set up the course which was delivered in weekly two-and-a-half hour sessions over 22 weeks.
The aim of the CLAIT course is to provide basic computer skills which will enable learners to progress at their own pace to a level they feel comfortable with.
You may also want to watch:
Five of the CLAIT achievers are due to further their learning on a CLAIT diploma course, starting in September.
"A computer has now been made available at work for us to use and it helps us to keep gaining and developing skills," said NDH employee, Ken Slade.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 9 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 10 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
If you are interested in the CLAIT course at North Devon College, contact the Guidance Centre on (01271) 338125.