Computer learners log on at North Devon College
THE world of information technology is now only a click away for people who find it difficult to access a computer – thanks to a course at North Devon College. Staff, customer forum members and customers at North Devon Homes have completed a Computer Lite
THE world of information technology is now only a click away for people who find it difficult to access a computer - thanks to a course at North Devon College.
Staff, customer forum members and customers at North Devon Homes have completed a Computer Literacy and Information Technology (CLAIT) course to help develop their basic computer skills.
Des Kendryna, a North Devon College tutor at Pilton Adult Learning, worked with NDH customer involvement manager, Elaine Yorke, to set up the course which was delivered in weekly two-and-a-half hour sessions over 22 weeks.
The aim of the CLAIT course is to provide basic computer skills which will enable learners to progress at their own pace to a level they feel comfortable with.
You may also want to watch:
Five of the CLAIT achievers are due to further their learning on a CLAIT diploma course, starting in September.
"A computer has now been made available at work for us to use and it helps us to keep gaining and developing skills," said NDH employee, Ken Slade.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
If you are interested in the CLAIT course at North Devon College, contact the Guidance Centre on (01271) 338125.