SIR - I read with interest of the construction of the new composter at Deepmoor but it begs the question as to what has been happening to all our carefully separated green waste since the move to green and black bins two or three years ago ? I have h
SIR - I read with interest of the construction of the new "composter" at Deepmoor but it begs the question as to what has been happening to all our carefully separated green waste since the move to "green" and black bins two or three years ago ?
I have heard no mention of to what use has the resulting compost been put.
Perhaps our re-cycling councillor Rodney Cann would be prepared to explain - surely it has not all ended up in landfill along with everything else, has it?
Also while we are on the subject what will happen to the compost from the new facility when it is up and running? Can we expect as ratepayers to benefit in any way either by a reduction in the council tax or at least by "free" compost it we want it?
You may also want to watch:
B.R. Argall, Fremington.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 8 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'