SIR - I read with interest of the construction of the new composter at Deepmoor but it begs the question as to what has been happening to all our carefully separated green waste since the move to green and black bins two or three years ago ? I have h
SIR - I read with interest of the construction of the new "composter" at Deepmoor but it begs the question as to what has been happening to all our carefully separated green waste since the move to "green" and black bins two or three years ago ?
I have heard no mention of to what use has the resulting compost been put.
Perhaps our re-cycling councillor Rodney Cann would be prepared to explain - surely it has not all ended up in landfill along with everything else, has it?
Also while we are on the subject what will happen to the compost from the new facility when it is up and running? Can we expect as ratepayers to benefit in any way either by a reduction in the council tax or at least by "free" compost it we want it?
You may also want to watch:
B.R. Argall, Fremington.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 3 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 10 New food delivery service launched in Barnstaple