Competition winners on the quay
Fremington Quay anniversary competition winners collect their prizes
CREATIVE youngsters have produced outstanding work to win the Fremington Quay 10th anniversary children’s photography and colouring competitions.
The prize giving took place on Saturday, rescheduled after monsoon like conditions put a dampener on the original anniversary celebrations and Fremington Olympics in September.
Fremington Parish Council went ahead with the colouring and photographic competitions however and the winners were presented with their prizes by council chairman, Councillor Rodney Cann.
The winners of the photographic competition will get to see their pictures in the 2012 Fremington Quay Calendar, which the parish council has commissioned and is sponsored by many local businesses.
You may also want to watch:
Photographic competition: 1st – Ryan Daldry from Fremington aged 12; 2nd – Megan Hockin from Bickington aged 14;
3rd – Nathan Ware from Fremington aged eight.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
Colouring Competition: 1st – Abigail Cooper, Northam, aged seven; 2nd – Lily Richter from Fremington aged three; 3rd – Sophie May Biederman from Fremington, aged six. Highly Commended – Bethany Isaac from Lydacott, aged four-and-a-half.