Competition winners on the quay
Fremington Quay anniversary competition winners collect their prizes
CREATIVE youngsters have produced outstanding work to win the Fremington Quay 10th anniversary children’s photography and colouring competitions.
The prize giving took place on Saturday, rescheduled after monsoon like conditions put a dampener on the original anniversary celebrations and Fremington Olympics in September.
Fremington Parish Council went ahead with the colouring and photographic competitions however and the winners were presented with their prizes by council chairman, Councillor Rodney Cann.
The winners of the photographic competition will get to see their pictures in the 2012 Fremington Quay Calendar, which the parish council has commissioned and is sponsored by many local businesses.
Photographic competition: 1st – Ryan Daldry from Fremington aged 12; 2nd – Megan Hockin from Bickington aged 14;
3rd – Nathan Ware from Fremington aged eight.
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 7 Ways to work on North Devon's beaches in 2022 - Stephanie Conway
- 3 OPINION: An introduction from Torridge council leader Ken James
- 4 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 5 Devon's special educational needs funding ‘broken’
- 6 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 7 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 8 Snell returns to inspire comfortable win for Bideford
- 9 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 10 Nature conservation work in Fremington requires volunteers
Colouring Competition: 1st – Abigail Cooper, Northam, aged seven; 2nd – Lily Richter from Fremington aged three; 3rd – Sophie May Biederman from Fremington, aged six. Highly Commended – Bethany Isaac from Lydacott, aged four-and-a-half.