Community shop could be open this year
With planning permission granted it’s full steam ahead in Buckland Brewer to get the shop up and running.
A NEW community shop in Buckland Brewer could be opening its doors by the end of the year.
A planning application to convert the vestry of the Buckland Brewer Methodist Church into a community-run shop has been granted.
The plans included adding a disabled access with a ramp and raised platform, creating a new dedicated entrance and using the lower level store room to create additional office and storage space.
Work will start on the building once significant funds have been raised which includes a shares scheme being run by the management committee.
You may also want to watch:
The committee has also secured funding through the Big Lottery grant to pay for a part time manager for the first few months.
For more information visit www.bbshop.wordpress.com
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 9 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel