Community carols at Torrington Hospital
- Credit: Getty Images/Ingram Publishing
The League of Friends will be holding the event at the Torrington Community Hospital on Sunday.
A COMMUNITY carol service will be held in the grounds of the Torrington Community Hospital on Sunday.
The event, organised by the League of Friends, usually takes place in the day room os hospital but will now be held outside due to the closure of the inpatient beds.
Carols in the Community will be open to the public and take place at 2.30pm.
Ann Ayre, the League’s chairman, said: “We want to maintain this long time custom, particularly this year, when the permanent closure of our in-patients beds is under threat.
You may also want to watch:
“Many people in Torrington are dismayed by this turn of events and we felt that this was a way to demonstrate the continuing public support for our hospital in a positive way.
“Torrington Silver Band has agreed to accompany the carol singing, and everyone will be welcome, particularly past patients, their families and all our loyal friends as well as former nurses and other staff.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
“It is hoped that the event will also provide an opportunity to quietly reflect upon the significant part played by the Cottage Hospital in our community over the past hundred years.”
The League stated this was not a political rally but holding this event does not mean it condones the closure of the inpatients beds.