SIR - I feel compelled to bore Gazette readers with more dreary comments regarding dog faeces. This appears to be a vehemently interesting subject for many.
I would like to raise the plight of those who actually own dogs. Those of us who pick up poo on the path or who let it fall down a nettle infested ravine in the darkness; those of us with common sense who do not verbally or physically threaten others while taking the dog for a walk.
This is a regular event on common land, of which I will remind others is to the exclusion of the dog poo act.
I would also like to put the rest the endless hysteria and dogma cited regarding Toxocaraisis. UK annual incidence is fewer than 10, all of which have been treatable for the past number of decades.
You stand more statistical chance of being blinded juggling bananas than you do of dog, cat or fox faeces blinding you.
You may also want to watch:
Any negligible risk is, in fact, technically exacerbated by the risk of hand-to-poo contact from increased picking up and opening of communal bins. Dog owners have enough hassle. Please find something else to bully, ostracise and complain about.
Name and address supplied.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow