SIR - Schools act as In Loco Parentis. Therefore we expect them to act as parents would act, and supervise the children in their care. My grandchildren and great- grandchildren have benefited from free lessons at Torridge Pool, provided by the generosi
SIR - Schools act as In Loco Parentis. Therefore we expect them to act as parents would act, and supervise the children in their care.
My grandchildren and great- grandchildren have benefited from "free" lessons at Torridge Pool, provided by the generosity of the Bridge Trust.
I used to take my children swimming. I would not dream of demanding exclusive use of the changing room, or vetting all who entered. I relied on my own supervisory skills and common sense.
I cannot believe that schools are denying their pupils free swimming lessons because they do not have exclusive use of the changing rooms. Do your job and supervise the children in your care!
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Mayne, Appledore.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021