SIR - Schools act as In Loco Parentis. Therefore we expect them to act as parents would act, and supervise the children in their care. My grandchildren and great- grandchildren have benefited from free lessons at Torridge Pool, provided by the generosi
SIR - Schools act as In Loco Parentis. Therefore we expect them to act as parents would act, and supervise the children in their care.
My grandchildren and great- grandchildren have benefited from "free" lessons at Torridge Pool, provided by the generosity of the Bridge Trust.
I used to take my children swimming. I would not dream of demanding exclusive use of the changing room, or vetting all who entered. I relied on my own supervisory skills and common sense.
I cannot believe that schools are denying their pupils free swimming lessons because they do not have exclusive use of the changing rooms. Do your job and supervise the children in your care!
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Mayne, Appledore.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land