SIR - Schools act as In Loco Parentis. Therefore we expect them to act as parents would act, and supervise the children in their care. My grandchildren and great- grandchildren have benefited from free lessons at Torridge Pool, provided by the generosi
SIR - Schools act as In Loco Parentis. Therefore we expect them to act as parents would act, and supervise the children in their care.
My grandchildren and great- grandchildren have benefited from "free" lessons at Torridge Pool, provided by the generosity of the Bridge Trust.
I used to take my children swimming. I would not dream of demanding exclusive use of the changing room, or vetting all who entered. I relied on my own supervisory skills and common sense.
I cannot believe that schools are denying their pupils free swimming lessons because they do not have exclusive use of the changing rooms. Do your job and supervise the children in your care!
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Mayne, Appledore.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 8 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 9 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash