SIR - Schools act as In Loco Parentis. Therefore we expect them to act as parents would act, and supervise the children in their care. My grandchildren and great- grandchildren have benefited from free lessons at Torridge Pool, provided by the generosi
SIR - Schools act as In Loco Parentis. Therefore we expect them to act as parents would act, and supervise the children in their care.
My grandchildren and great- grandchildren have benefited from "free" lessons at Torridge Pool, provided by the generosity of the Bridge Trust.
I used to take my children swimming. I would not dream of demanding exclusive use of the changing room, or vetting all who entered. I relied on my own supervisory skills and common sense.
I cannot believe that schools are denying their pupils free swimming lessons because they do not have exclusive use of the changing rooms. Do your job and supervise the children in your care!
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Mayne, Appledore.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington