Commando fun at Frankmarsh
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters enjoy Commando Challenge in Barnstaple
ON Sunday morning some hardy souls braved the cold at Frankmarsh Woods in Barnstaple to take part in the fourth Frankmarsh Commando Challenge.
Teams of youngsters aged from eight to 11 plus a team from Pathfield School, took part in a variety of challenges, including wading across the River Yeo, a stretcher carry and crawling under wire.
Alongside the physical activities there were games of skill and mental challenges to tax the contestants.
The event was created four years ago by the PACT (Partners and Communities Together) team of local police, councillors, other organisations and residents.
You may also want to watch:
The overall winners were the Barnstaple Sea Cadet team ‘JES’, formed by the female instructors from TS Valiant.
The event raised £113, which will go to the Children’s Summer Club and the running cost of the Community Office.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
Organisers would like to say a ‘big thank you’ to everyone who took part and helped out.