Commando fun at Frankmarsh
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters enjoy Commando Challenge in Barnstaple
ON Sunday morning some hardy souls braved the cold at Frankmarsh Woods in Barnstaple to take part in the fourth Frankmarsh Commando Challenge.
Teams of youngsters aged from eight to 11 plus a team from Pathfield School, took part in a variety of challenges, including wading across the River Yeo, a stretcher carry and crawling under wire.
Alongside the physical activities there were games of skill and mental challenges to tax the contestants.
The event was created four years ago by the PACT (Partners and Communities Together) team of local police, councillors, other organisations and residents.
You may also want to watch:
The overall winners were the Barnstaple Sea Cadet team ‘JES’, formed by the female instructors from TS Valiant.
The event raised £113, which will go to the Children’s Summer Club and the running cost of the Community Office.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 7 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
Organisers would like to say a ‘big thank you’ to everyone who took part and helped out.