Comet store says final farewell
Shoppers flocked to clear out the electrical retailer over the weekend ahead of final opening today (Monday).
Electrical retailer Comet has opened its doors to customers in Barnstaple for the last time today (Monday).
The store was announced as one of 41 closing nationwide as the chain went into administration earlier this month.
Customers hit the closing down sale over the weekend to pick up any last minute bargains.
It is thought around 1,000 jobs will be lost nationwide due to the closure of the stores by the end of the month.
You may also want to watch:
When contacted by the Gazette, a shop worker could not confirm how many staff were employed by the Barnstaple store.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 9 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia