Comet store says final farewell
Shoppers flocked to clear out the electrical retailer over the weekend ahead of final opening today (Monday).
Electrical retailer Comet has opened its doors to customers in Barnstaple for the last time today (Monday).
The store was announced as one of 41 closing nationwide as the chain went into administration earlier this month.
Customers hit the closing down sale over the weekend to pick up any last minute bargains.
It is thought around 1,000 jobs will be lost nationwide due to the closure of the stores by the end of the month.
You may also want to watch:
When contacted by the Gazette, a shop worker could not confirm how many staff were employed by the Barnstaple store.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021