Come back kids are Class of the Week
BRAYFORD Boomerangs Pre-school have been nominated for Class of the Week by pre-school leader, Laura Manley, for their “fantastic behaviour and lovely manners” this half term.
During the first few weeks back after Christmas the group have been doing a wide variety of activities, such as baking, decorating fairy cakes and painting – as well as lots of free playing!
“There are always smiling faces in the group, and all of the children have been playing together and sharing resources really nicely,” said Laura, who plans her classes based around the Early Years Foundation stage curriculum.
“Some of the group moved onto school this January and the new children who have joined us have been really welcomed into the group by the older children,” she added.
Brayford Boomerangs pre-school runs from Brayford Village on Tuesdays and Fridays. Since September the school have extended their opening hours to 9.00-2.30 during term times, and offer the children a hot school dinner cooked in the Brayford Primary School kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
The pre-school currently has 14 children on their registers aged from two upwards.
* NOMINATE your class for Class of the Week by contacting us at the North Devon Gazette on (01271) 345056 or email email@example.com. It can be for anything — good behaviour, good work or a charity event, for example.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened