Combe Martin Strawberry Fayre uproots to new home
Organisers decide to move traditional June event to more central location in the village.
THE famous Combe Martin Strawberry Fayre is to move to a new venue this June.
This year it will take place at the Adams Hay area at Bowling Green on Sunday, June 10 instead of its traditional location of Cross Street near the seafront.
The Carnival Committee, which organises the fayre to help stage the Carnival Week in August, has decide the new location opposite the Parish Church will help to bring the event into the heart of village.
Celebrating a long history of market gardening in the sheltered village and a reputation for world famous strawberries, the fayre is as ever expected to be bursting with strawberry treats.
You may also want to watch:
He popular fruit will be available fresh from the punnet, with cream, as jam and with all manner of tasty delicacies.
The fayre runs from 11.30am-4.30pm and there will also be a selection of charity, gift, food and games stalls, children’s entertainment and a hog roast.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 8 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
As for the carnival itself, from August 4-10, the 2012 programme is now in production and is expected to be available soon.