Combe Martin’s Royal Marine pub closes down
- Credit: Archant
Seaside pub repossessed and cleared out this week.
THE Royal Marine Hotel seaside pub in Combe Martin has closed down after being repossessed.
On Tuesday and Wednesday villagers reported seeing contents removed from the pub – it is now closed up.
A note on the door from Spicerhaart Corporate Sales dated Wednesday, September 4 said it had taken possession of the property and the occupants had 14 days to ‘remove goods, chattels and furniture’. It said Webbers Commercial in Barnstaple had been appointed as marketing agent.
Combe Martin Hotels Limited, which had owned the pub, was the subject of a winding up order issued by the High Court on February 11 this year and went into compulsory liquidation.
You may also want to watch:
The pub has been run for a number of years by Mervyn and Patricia Lethaby – the North Devon Gazette has tried to contact them for a comment but has been unable to do so.
Mr Lethaby is listed as a director for Combe Martin Hotels Ltd, plus as director of Marine Public House Limited, incorporated on January 9 of this year.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 4 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
- 8 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 9 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
- 10 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money