THE Combe Martin fire crew was called to put out a chimney fire at the Dolphin Inn on the seafront on Wednesday. Fire fighters arrived just after 12 noon and soon extinguished the fire using chimney gear. Fortunately the pub has a slate and not a thatched

THE Combe Martin fire crew was called to put out a chimney fire at the Dolphin Inn on the seafront on Wednesday.Fire fighters arrived just after 12 noon and soon extinguished the fire using chimney gear. Fortunately the pub has a slate and not a thatched roof.When Station Commander Barry Webb revisited the scene at 3.30pm he confirmed all was well, with no lingering hot spots.