Combe Martin Carnival is monstrous fun
ABSOLUTELY fantastic were the words used to describe the success of Combe Martin Carnival week. Thousands turned out to enjoy a packed programme including the main parade on Wednesday, the wheelbarrow race on Friday and a spectacular firework display at
ABSOLUTELY fantastic" were the words used to describe the success of Combe Martin Carnival week.
Thousands turned out to enjoy a packed programme including the main parade on Wednesday, the wheelbarrow race on Friday and a spectacular firework display at the beach to bring the week to a close.
A new carnival committee had taken on the demanding job for 2009 and chairman Rob Schofield was delighted for the village at the success of the event.
"The whole week has been absolutely fantastic and we couldn't have asked for it to have gone any better," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"The parades were superb, not only because of the efforts made by the entrants, but because of how people welcomed and cheered them on down the road.
"It really was out of this world and I would like to thank them all for making the atmosphere so special. Now we need to work out how we are going to top this all next year!"
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 3 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 6 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
The full carnival results can be seen at www.combemartincarnival.com and don't forget to visit our website at www.northdevongazette.co.uk to see more carnival pictures.