Combe Martin Carnival is monstrous fun
ABSOLUTELY fantastic were the words used to describe the success of Combe Martin Carnival week. Thousands turned out to enjoy a packed programme including the main parade on Wednesday, the wheelbarrow race on Friday and a spectacular firework display at
ABSOLUTELY fantastic" were the words used to describe the success of Combe Martin Carnival week.
Thousands turned out to enjoy a packed programme including the main parade on Wednesday, the wheelbarrow race on Friday and a spectacular firework display at the beach to bring the week to a close.
A new carnival committee had taken on the demanding job for 2009 and chairman Rob Schofield was delighted for the village at the success of the event.
"The whole week has been absolutely fantastic and we couldn't have asked for it to have gone any better," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"The parades were superb, not only because of the efforts made by the entrants, but because of how people welcomed and cheered them on down the road.
"It really was out of this world and I would like to thank them all for making the atmosphere so special. Now we need to work out how we are going to top this all next year!"
- 1 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 4 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 5 Veterans Charity to host Charity Car Wash at Barnstaple HQ
- 6 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 7 Motorcyclist denied dangerous driving after quad bike crash
- 8 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 9 Hospice volunteer reaches out to 325 bereaved people during lockdown
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
The full carnival results can be seen at www.combemartincarnival.com and don't forget to visit our website at www.northdevongazette.co.uk to see more carnival pictures.