Combe Martin Carnival is monstrous fun
ABSOLUTELY fantastic were the words used to describe the success of Combe Martin Carnival week. Thousands turned out to enjoy a packed programme including the main parade on Wednesday, the wheelbarrow race on Friday and a spectacular firework display at
ABSOLUTELY fantastic" were the words used to describe the success of Combe Martin Carnival week.
Thousands turned out to enjoy a packed programme including the main parade on Wednesday, the wheelbarrow race on Friday and a spectacular firework display at the beach to bring the week to a close.
A new carnival committee had taken on the demanding job for 2009 and chairman Rob Schofield was delighted for the village at the success of the event.
"The whole week has been absolutely fantastic and we couldn't have asked for it to have gone any better," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"The parades were superb, not only because of the efforts made by the entrants, but because of how people welcomed and cheered them on down the road.
"It really was out of this world and I would like to thank them all for making the atmosphere so special. Now we need to work out how we are going to top this all next year!"
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 8 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
The full carnival results can be seen at www.combemartincarnival.com and don't forget to visit our website at www.northdevongazette.co.uk to see more carnival pictures.