Collision on A388 claims a life
A male driver was pronounced dead at the scene of the collision at Clawton.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a fatal collision between two vehicles yesterday (Thurs) at Clawton, near Holsworthy.
The male driver of an orange Peugeot 106 was pronounced dead on the scene and two men in the second vehicle, a blue Vauxhall Astra, were taken to Derriford hospital with non life threatening injuries.
The collision, which happened on the A388 between Clawton and St Giles on the Heath, happened just before 5.30pm.
Two fire appliances attended the scene and a fire spokesman said: “One male casualty was trapped inside one vehicle with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“Two further casualties were already out of the second vehicle, also suffering from serious injuries.”
The next of kin of the deceased have been informed, but no formal identification has been carried out yet.
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision to call non emergency number 101 quoting log number 573 01/03/12.