Collision on A388 claims a life
A male driver was pronounced dead at the scene of the collision at Clawton.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a fatal collision between two vehicles yesterday (Thurs) at Clawton, near Holsworthy.
The male driver of an orange Peugeot 106 was pronounced dead on the scene and two men in the second vehicle, a blue Vauxhall Astra, were taken to Derriford hospital with non life threatening injuries.
The collision, which happened on the A388 between Clawton and St Giles on the Heath, happened just before 5.30pm.
Two fire appliances attended the scene and a fire spokesman said: “One male casualty was trapped inside one vehicle with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“Two further casualties were already out of the second vehicle, also suffering from serious injuries.”
The next of kin of the deceased have been informed, but no formal identification has been carried out yet.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision to call non emergency number 101 quoting log number 573 01/03/12.