Collision on A388 claims a life
A male driver was pronounced dead at the scene of the collision at Clawton.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a fatal collision between two vehicles yesterday (Thurs) at Clawton, near Holsworthy.
The male driver of an orange Peugeot 106 was pronounced dead on the scene and two men in the second vehicle, a blue Vauxhall Astra, were taken to Derriford hospital with non life threatening injuries.
The collision, which happened on the A388 between Clawton and St Giles on the Heath, happened just before 5.30pm.
Two fire appliances attended the scene and a fire spokesman said: “One male casualty was trapped inside one vehicle with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“Two further casualties were already out of the second vehicle, also suffering from serious injuries.”
The next of kin of the deceased have been informed, but no formal identification has been carried out yet.
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Two burglaries in Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 7 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 8 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision to call non emergency number 101 quoting log number 573 01/03/12.