College in European energy project
PETROC, formerly North Devon College, is hosting a steering group with partners from all over Europe, as part of its innovative Energy+ project. Representatives from Austria, Belgium, France, Germany and the Netherlands will be in the UK for the steering
PETROC, formerly North Devon College, is hosting a steering group with partners from all over Europe, as part of its innovative Energy+ project.
Representatives from Austria, Belgium, France, Germany and the Netherlands will be in the UK for the steering group meeting taking place at the college's Barnstaple campus on Monday and Tuesday.
"The aim of the Energy+ project is to transfer knowledge and to support improvements in quality and innovation in vocational education and training systems, institutions and practices," said Petroc's Energy+ project coordinator, Edwina Stevenson.
"The project will focus on sustainable and renewable energy in passive buildings, and will consider the implications of photovoltaic panels and solar boilers, heat pumps, saving energy, low temperature heating and ventilation."
You may also want to watch:
The project will enable employees and students to upgrade their skills in sustainable and renewable energy, making them more successful and competitive in their vocational area.
During the visit, the group will be shown the college's Environmental Technology provision and the successful Eco House which was launched at the college's Industry Day in June. The house was designed and developed by Loosemore Chartered Building Company to comply with social demands for more sustainable homes and meets Code Five for Sustainable Homes status. Current building regulations state that new dwellings must reach Code Three status.
- 1 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 2 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
The project is part-funded by Leonardo da Vinci Transfer of Innovation under the Lifelong Learning Programme; Petroc is responsible for the piloting and testing of the project activities which will run until September 2010.