Collections of food waste get under way in Torridge
RESIDENTS across Torridge are now able to recycle their food waste using their green wheelie bin collection service. Residents on green bin routes have, or will have by the end of this week, received their five-litre kitchen caddy and roll of 10 cornstarc
RESIDENTS across Torridge are now able to recycle their food waste using their green wheelie bin collection service.
Residents on green bin routes have, or will have by the end of this week, received their five-litre kitchen caddy and roll of 10 cornstarch bags. In addition to their normal organic waste and cardboard, people will now be able to recycle: Meat (including chicken bones), fish, all cooked and uncooked food waste, vegetable peelings, salad, fruit, tea, tea bags, coffee grounds and filters, egg shells, stale bread and crusts.
Just collect your food waste in the kitchen caddy and when it's full empty the contents into your green wheelie bin. Don't put your caddy in the bin, or leave the caddy out for separate collection.
Once you have used the free cornstarch bags, you can purchase more from the council offices at �3.00 for 50, or just use a sheet of newspaper or kitchen roll. Please don't use any plastic bags to line your caddy as they are not bio degradable, and could result in the waste collected going to landfill instead of being composted.
You may also want to watch:
Your recycling will then be collected once a fortnight all year round. For more information on food waste recycling, or if you are unsure if a particular food item can be placed in your caddy and green wheelie bin, please contact Torridge's Recycling Team on 01237 428734, or go to the Torridge website www.Torridge.gov.uk/recycling
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 4 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 5 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 6 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 7 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 8 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip